Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectMaaan why the ''Unwritten'' joints gotta be so short!? *shakes fist*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=105529&mesg_id=105987
105987, Maaan why the ''Unwritten'' joints gotta be so short!? *shakes fist*
Posted by Ishwip, Wed Apr-30-08 08:29 AM
I mean, I saw the explanation but still. The decision to do what they did with those two tracks is dragging down my appreciation for the album as a whole, I can't lie. BOTH of the songs were on their way to being two of the my favorite cuts. Damn. It. Yo. Why why why....:(

With that said..........dope album. Favorite songs are the two "Unwritten" songs, "Criminal", "Can't Help It", "Singing Man", "Lost Desire", "The Show", and "Rising Up".

I ain't really feeling "75 Bars" all that much at this point. I liked it when we first heard it here, but I don't know. I can't get past how many times he says n*gg*, and not for any moral reason. Any word repeated that many times bugs me. I just got tired of hearing the same word over and over mostly.

I'm mad at the lack of liner notes and no real bonus track (a song), too. Overall, I'm not sure where I'd rank this album....it's way too early for that but I will say I wish I had the same enthusiasm for it that ?uest did leading up to now. It's definetely a 4 outta 5 for me, no question........but.........I'm not hearing what made (makes) ?uest consider this their best work.

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers. (c) Kno