Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectFor Future Request and Reference
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=105529&mesg_id=105911
105911, For Future Request and Reference
Posted by weirdscience, Sun Apr-27-08 01:45 AM
I've listened to the album a good 10 times...not counting my many replays of Unwritten, The Show, and other tracks...

its really a beautiful piece of work, but I know my friends are going to be haters because they don't really get the whole sense of paranoia shit, the musicality shit, and really they're not into the shit like me...but I will say this, I love the album how it is, but one day there ought to be some of the following...

1) a lil' more than a couple of upbeat tunes

2) okay so you know how to get back to make an Al Green record sound like an Al Green record after he's aged, so your saying you can't make Black Thought rowdy?? I didn't even really get why that whole idea was dismissed because of his age, cuz I went to like 6 or 7 roots shows last year and he was goin' off.

3) if as a fan and would want to make one request of all requests, itd be to go back to that old Rawkus records sound (I know that sounds odd), but like you guys were really a part of my listening along with all those guys on that label...the quality in production sounds, along with Dilla and SV...it was like really these great beats, that would make you think that every motherfucker back then was getting pussy/ comfortable/ hungry/ and doing different shit...now I know its hard to get what I'm saying because I'm pretty bad at being articulate...but on the real I was in 8th grade, and all those songs defined the city that I was living in, and really that whole era for me...songs like unwritten come close to that, and I've loved songs from Tipping Point, Phernology...but if you could take alot of fans back to that era in music... people would be going ape shit, I'd be going ape shit

all and all great record
smart record
I'm gonna try to convince the doubters