Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectthumbs up.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=105529&mesg_id=105895
105895, thumbs up.
Posted by selppataei, Fri Apr-25-08 04:16 PM
i liked those essentially-bt-solo-albums, so i'm not thrilled by the abundance of guests, but it doesn't hurt that they acquit themselves quite well.

it's interesting to listen to "live at..." and hear how much the roots have changed sonically from dywm. you know, "you can't go home again." the whole aesthetic of hardcore hip-hop has changed. if rising down is supposed to be a return to hardcore hip-hop, then game theory was hardcore hip-hop too.

as soon as i get the itunes version, i'm sticking "birthday girl" at the end, just to see how it feels. it is a topical song, albeit whimsically delivered. i still think it should've been the proper lead single (with a proper push)...

...then knock 'em out with "rising up", whose hook i have been singing for about a week, damn it. great drumming--full of life. i love chrisette, with all my heart, and would like to go out on a couple of dates with her.

?uesto, is there an extended version of "unwritten" done? and which american retail versions have bonus tracks, if any?