Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectLiterally just got through my first listen
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=105529&mesg_id=105683
105683, Literally just got through my first listen
Posted by StatiK, Wed Apr-23-08 11:26 PM
It's really interesting to see the band's evolution through the years, I must say. Every album brings a pretty dramatic difference in sounds and vibes. I only heard 75 Bars and Rising Down before this so most of this is completely new to me.

I've only listened to this once and I need to play albums through a lot to really make a justified opinion but from what I heard, it's pretty good. The two throwback tracks are wicked but what's up with the intro? I wanna know some back story on that conversation LoL. Hopefully there'll be something in the liner notes about it. All the guests absolutely killed it but by the end, I was fiending a bit more Black Thought. It's short already and every song has a guest appearance so BT doesn't get much time to shine. That's not necessarily a bad thing because again, all the guests made up for it but BT is rated very high in my mind as an emcee so I would've liked to hear more.

But overall, I liked it and I'll definitely be picking this up on the 29th. I'll let this one spin for a while. Game Theory took a loooong time to really grow on me and I have a feeling this one will too.