Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectI basically co-sign all this to a T
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=105529&mesg_id=105649
105649, I basically co-sign all this to a T
Posted by rjc27, Thu Apr-24-08 08:10 AM
>>>>P.O.R.N. kills all his spots. Quest said this dude has been >>>>rhyming for 15 years? How have we not even seen what this dude >>>>looks like let alone heard some of his other shit?? What the >>>>hell is this guy's backstory.... anyone?... Bueller? (Truck >>>>impresses as well btw)
this was the shocker to me. they were gonna make or break this album, and they made it, very impressed with these guest spots

>>>>Not really any weak songs. Can't quite say no filler though, >>>>since some of these tracks seem more like interludes.
agreed... "unwritten" shouldve been longer though

>>>>Listen with headphones. Sonically, this is impressive as hell.
I bumped on good comp speakers

>>>>>- Sequencing is great. Whoever ripped this is a fucking moron >>>>>for adding gaps after each song, but i deleted that dead space >>>>>and it flows beautifully.

one of the more cohesive albums I've heard in a minute, even more so then Game Theory was...

>>>>>- Some of the hooks are hit and miss.... mostly hits though.
agree... I still LOVE Get Busy and the scratched hook but I feel the hook couldve had a lil more enthusiasm from BT, like imagine Ludacris saying "northside, southside, etc.." it wouldnt sound so flat.

>>>>> Would have liked more Kirk... or at least have him more present in some of the tracks.
I gotta listen more to comment on this

>>>>>All the guests came correct.... but it does leave me yearning >>>>>for the coulda-beens with Lupe, Jay Electronica, Blu, Phonte >>>>>and Q Tip.
hopefully a remix of something will be coming!

>>>>>Now its crystal clear why Birthday Girl was cut.
I think it wouldve fit as a last song if they went that route, I can see why it was cut, but I think as the last track it would not have ruined anything

>>>>I dunno if it was a good move for Quest to come out and say this >>>>is their best work.... because the expectations are then raised >>>>astronomically given their catalog. I dont know if it is... >>>>likely not, but only time will answer this.

>>>>Riq Geez is still the GOAT
killed everything as usual