Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectAfter 2 listens (one very thorough)... my impressions...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=105529&mesg_id=105647
105647, After 2 listens (one very thorough)... my impressions...
Posted by HighVoltage, Wed Apr-23-08 10:28 PM
- P.O.R.N. kills all his spots. Quest said this dude has been rhyming for 15 years? How have we not even seen what this dude looks like let alone heard some of his other shit?? What the hell is this guy's backstory.... anyone?... Bueller? (Truck impresses as well btw)

- Not really any weak songs. Can't quite say no filler though, since some of these tracks seem more like interludes.

- Listen with headphones. Sonically, this is impressive as hell.

- Sequencing is great. Whoever ripped this is a fucking moron for adding gaps after each song, but i deleted that dead space and it flows beautifully.

- Some of the hooks are hit and miss.... mostly hits though.

- Would have liked more Kirk... or at least have him more present in some of the tracks.

- All the guests came correct.... but it does leave me yearning for the coulda-beens with Lupe, Jay Electronica, Blu, Phonte and Q Tip.

- Now its crystal clear why Birthday Girl was cut.

- I dunno if it was a good move for Quest to come out and say this is their best work.... because the expectations are then raised astronomically given their catalog. I dont know if it is... likely not, but only time will answer this.

- Riq Geez is still the GOAT