Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectnah.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=100941&mesg_id=100992
100992, nah.
Posted by nickfresh, Sat Oct-06-07 01:18 PM
We learn something new everyday, HIM... just learn, homes.

I already had the original airing of this Vanity episode on DVD for a few years. It's one of the better eps of this time.

Yeah. There's not much Rosie on this ep, as ?uest mentioned, this was her last taping (and i believe she quit that Saturday... ST records all weekend).

Dare we mention, from most of the dancers' accounts, that this was the time Hip-Hop was about to breakthrough... and Don C.-- earlier reluctant to rap -- had no choice to showcase more.

Or the dancers weren't showing up.

This ep was weird to me via Vanity. It just seems odd for some reason... and I have yet to see the '84 ep with Vanity. According to my sources... It was a tad bit obscene?.. and was enough for mention in Right On! magazine... Maybe next time we get into the 80's, we'll see it?

Yeah. Rene was beating on that ass! It wasn't until they were disbanded when Angie was recruited for "the emancipation of the isleys" LP (A/k/a "Smooth Sailin'" circa '87) by Ron Isley (damn that Mr. Biggs shit), and from there... Angela was in Ron's harem.

Enjoy the ep, folks. @@@ 1/2.