Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectComplete Idiocy.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=1&mesg_id=236
236, Complete Idiocy.
Posted by Whateva, Tue Mar-01-05 08:09 PM
That's all well and good darling, but I simply can't take you seriously at this point. Any church that uses anything other than God to build a congregation is is not a real church. It's a club or a small business. I'm sorry, but you haven't been attending churches.

A real church would know that attracting younger people isn't the problem now. The problem is a world that is believing less in the idea of an all powerful God. People in general don't feel compelled to attend.

I've attended four different churches in my lifetime and all four were of a pretty large size, never had problems with attendance. They have all had problems accomodating a swiftly growing membership.

Probably members leaving churches like the ones you've attended.

What I've noticed about each one is that they really and truly stress God first and all else second. Which meant, they never catered to the secular outside. That's like marketing Jesus. That's trying to sell something that doesn't need to be sold.

The general philosophy of the churches I've attended was that "the outside conforms to us and not us to them." It works the way it has always worked.

Who goes to church to listen to music anyway?

Even young impressionable kids understand you go to church to worship God. That's probably why the membership dropped in the "churches" you've attended.

Once again, you and he are way off in your assumptions.