Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectit's not my problem/i don't care/it is free.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=145828&mesg_id=145917
145917, it's not my problem/i don't care/it is free.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Nov-08-10 01:41 PM
the only reason i go to Jewel and pay $2 for a loaf of Wonder bread is b/c i don't know a place where i can go get Wonder bread or a nearly-identical copy of Wonder bread for free. if i could get it for free there's no way i'd pay for it. i don't feel any obligation to the makers of Wonder bread. i don't feel like it's my responsibility to make sure the ppl who make Wonder bread are paid.

Jewel understands this which is why its stores have theft-prevention devices and staff. the makers of Wonder bread understand this too which is why it has a tightly controlled distribution network.

the music industry somehow fails to understand this basic reality. and it's not my problem. i don't care if acts are not getting paid b/c the makers of music product don't understand the need for control over the means of distribution that would keep me and ppl like me from having access to free copies of the music we want. as far as i'm concerned, music is free. it won't be free when i can no longer access good copies of the music i want. at that point i'll resume paying for music.