Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: Can we discuss *BAD* concert experiences?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=145470&mesg_id=145576
145576, RE: Can we discuss *BAD* concert experiences?
Posted by Tonytrouble27, Mon Feb-22-10 08:05 PM
Mobb Deep with Lost Boyz and NORE opening. Lost Boyz were BY FAR the highlight of the show, and the Mobb are one of my top 5 groups ever.

Havoc wasn't even there.

At one point NORE's fat ass jumped off the stage and it took like 8 of his homies to get him back up there. And that was my first experience with a completely ouot of shape rapper trying to hold a show down. I think he said every 9th word per line and his entourage held it down from there.

And it was 30 bucks.

I was a freshman in college. That was when I learned that shit just isn't what it used to be. Literally every show that I went to up to that point was an amazing experience, but that was when dudes were still trying to get a foot in the door of the mainstream. That shit made LL's Mr. Smith tour stop at First Ave seem like I was watching Michael Jackson himself.

I've seen almost every artist that I have ever wanted to see who is still alive (never seen Stevie or Sly in person. Sly was supposed to come here 2 years ago but he cancilled last minute. I've seen all of the golden era dudes. I've seen the Commodores original line-up (was a toddler but it still counts).

I've been to a lot of doo doo shows (can usually sniff em out now so I stay home), but I have never, ever seen a show as bad as the one listed above. LB Fam killed it though.