Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectShitty festival experiences:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=145470&mesg_id=145572
145572, Shitty festival experiences:
Posted by Mole, Mon Feb-22-10 06:59 PM
- When I was in high school I went to the Warped Tour every year for about seven years in a row. The worst year in terms of environment was the parking lot of Irvine Meadows -- a fucking DIRT parking lot. Thus, there was a cloud of dust hovering over the entire festival all day. To make matters worse, I got kicked in the face during the first band (CIV) and my glasses broke on one side, popping my lens out. I taped the shit back in using an Ozomatli sticker, but then I foolishly decided to crowd surf during Rancid and it popped out, never to be seen again. So I had basically one eye for the rest of the day, in this muggy, dusty butthole of a venue. To top it off, my buddy was holding my wallet for me (I had some ridiculous pants on without pockets), and we had gotten separated, and I was so thirsty at one point I chugged like five cups of free Yoo-Hoo. Not good.

- At Coachella in 2001, some asshole stole my wallet when I was in the crowd for Weezer. Again, it was oppressively hot, and I had no idea where my friends were (no cell phone back then, either). I got a splitting headache and had to ask a complete stranger for a drink of water. It sucked because Roni Size's Reprezent closed the festival and dropped a ridiculously awesome set, but I felt like I was going to die the entire time.