Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectIn all fairness though
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=145470&mesg_id=145545
145545, In all fairness though
Posted by flabbergast, Tue Feb-23-10 05:27 AM
i was there with a friend who had seen him before and according to him, the sound at that show was good. Perhaps he didn't have time for a proper soundcheck or something.

I'm sure that if the sound was good, i would have had a great time because even though i don't really like Satriani's music, it certainly was an energetic performance. He's a charismatic guy with amazing chops and a strong stage presence. I've been at shows of guitar virtuosos whose music i don't particularly enjoy, which i still loved due to the good showmanship and the fact that virtuosity is so much more impressive to me on stage than on record. Tommy Emmanuel for example; his CDs kind of bore me, but i've seen him several times and his live shows are excellent. I'm sure that if this show had proper sound, i would feel the same about Satriani.

So i wouldn't actually discourage anyone from seeing him, even though there's no excuse for the feedback torture.
Just bring earplugs and say a prayer.