Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectyou can debate this till the cows come home....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=14189&mesg_id=14315
14315, you can debate this till the cows come home....
Posted by Voodoochilde, Thu Jul-10-03 12:07 PM
IMO the end result is still this...

generally speaking 'labels' are a worthless waste of time and do not give any valid reflection of the quality of a track...

it's not a cop out opinion...it's a gotdanged fact.

there is so much subjectivity...so many blurred lines...

so... it's not "hip hop" to you? ok that's cool. Well what is that telling me? Nothing really. Nothing of substance. Your definition of what hip hop is or is not may not jive with the next guy...so that statement alone doesn't help me get any closer to the truth. (I read your definition of hip hop and i think it's fair to say it was somewhat vague)

so...what is MY point?

I don't know really...I'm just jonesin to hear this new Kast shit but I can't get the friggin link to work so i got pissed came across this debate and thought i'd join in and ramble a bit too dammit.

When does this shit drop? august?

dangit.

anyway...I'm pretty much with the other guy. Labels bore me to death, waste my time, and piss me off because they help keep me from hearing tons of good shit thats out there just because they may fall under some lame ass station programmers idea of 'this genre' or 'that genre'...and their station don't play to that market...

bullshit. tired bullshit

so...Hip hop...IS Kasts new stuff or ISN'T it?

who gives a rip as long as it's asskicking.

but i wouldn't know cause the friggin link...awww ta hell withit