Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: I am not aesthetically unaware, I am under-skilled. I don't know
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=142639&mesg_id=142730
142730, RE: I am not aesthetically unaware, I am under-skilled. I don't know
Posted by howisya, Thu Mar-04-10 08:50 AM
>why you continue to assume that I think my compositions are
>perfect.

that's not what i was saying at all. the fact that you keep offering up a half dozen versions of one tune shows that you're looking for help and opinions, not boasting about perfection achieved.

>I've been trying to figure out why we were still arguing, and
>that's it: You think you're telling me something I don't
>know.
>
>We're on the same page basically.

i still don't understand why you won't spend the $70 on a MIDI keyboard that you can use like a real synthesizer via software. i don't think we're on the same page that sampling songs from a few years ago is cheap, especially when those songs already have programmed elements, but it's just my opinion. i also don't think we're on the same page when it comes to why you're not satisfied with your tracks. you post versions with minor adjustments, including fades, but they need major changes, and to make them you'll either need to buy some gear or change what you're doing by using strictly samples because so far what i've heard has sounded half-cooked. the potential's there, which is why i even bother to comment rather than just let you be.