Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectDood says.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=109781&mesg_id=109982
109982, Dood says.....
Posted by Brew, Mon Jun-30-08 10:45 PM
to stop the Dilla worship when he's the one who brought him up in the first place. FOH, I would have never brought Dilla's name into this debate had you not mentioned him. You can't really be that dumb. Anyway, enough of that bullshit...

>whoa wait there a minute...
>
>there is a huge difference between a Kanye and RZA loop...
>

I didn't compare Rza and Kanye. I simply made it a point to show that Dre does more with his work than, say, a Kanye West, for example. You need to read more good.

>please get off the okayplayer propaganda...
>
>Diamond D, Dj Shadow, Prefuse 73, El-P, Fat Jon... etc..
>sorry but Jay Dee is not the only one who is good a chopping
>samples...

I don't know who you're talkin to with this "okayplayer propaganda", get off your own dick son. As far as preference, I put Dilla above D, Shadow, Prefuse, and El-P; I can't recall hearing any Fat Jon beats that I ever listened to enough to know they were even sampled. My point is, it has nothing to do with "propaganda", it's personal preference. I think he chopped beats better than anyone, so, good work you named some producers who chopped beats in similar fashion, but again it's a personal preference so here's another debate that will go nowhere. But, don't condescend like you're some fuckin hip hop guru.

>>Dre has his own style, and that
>>includes bringing musicians to remake his samples the way he
>>wants them to sound. If that's not hard work to you, then
>>this discussion will go nowhere.
>
>im not saying it isn't hard work, but more of a clever way
>to use someone else's melody and not get sued...

Hip hop was built on using other people's melodies, so neither you nor I has an argument there.