Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh Tech Archives
Topic subjectthe 720 p / 1080 i debate is still open, i think
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=6727&mesg_id=6763
6763, the 720 p / 1080 i debate is still open, i think
Posted by osu_no_1, Wed Oct-12-05 06:50 PM
on one side you have the progressive scan, on the other you got the increased resolution. what i haven't figured out is - how quickly can humans process the refreshing image? can we pick up on the quicker scan or is the interlaced display fast enough that we don't notice.

most people say that 720p gives a more pure image, especially during sporting events when there are quick moving objects.

edit - the dvi / component issue depends on a couple things. first if you're running the cable over a long distance, you would probably be best sticking with the component. it has been said (i havent tried it) that dvi / hdmi cables have a "drop off" after about 15 ft, where you get the sparkling / static looking shit on your display like what i talked about in the initial post.

but if you're only running the cable a short distance and need to run 720 or 1080, go with dvi. the cable has a higher average frequency response than component which is what's required for 720 / 1080.