Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectim on the last mission, after that im done for a while, reflections
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=80541&mesg_id=85049
85049, im on the last mission, after that im done for a while, reflections
Posted by steelreserve40, Thu Nov-30-06 04:22 PM
on the last mission, the tower at phron is really long but really not tough as long as you have magic and reasonably high levels. my party is at mid to high 50's and cid and his flunkies were a piece of cake.

im 70 hours in and after i beat it i think im done w/ it/video games for a while, i realize that i miss you know, talking to people and having a life. i was looking at some of the faq's, am i the only one who misses figuring out how to do/get the most powerful stuff? i figured it all out in ff 6, now w/ these random, convoluted missions, its near impossible to figure out how to get the best weapons and espers without looking them up. i want a girlfriend much more than i want to play this game for another 40 hours to get powerful weapons against a final boss i can easily beat now.

thoughts after almost beating it:
there really isnt much strategy for combat besides grinding for high levels, buying the best equipment, and setting big heal gambits. which is cool, but i miss the strategy the turn based bosses gave you (remember the boss in ffx where you had to have your party zombified for the majority of the fight, then turn them back right before you heal them? the combat system in this doesnt seem to really allow for real strategy based fights like that, its just let your dudes wail on the enemy until you heal them).

are summons EVER useful? sure they are cool to have, but in tough battles when id try and summon, theyd get their asses kicked in 2 seconds. i havent used one ONCE, its not worth wasting all my mp.

also kinda dissapointed in the lack of enemies. it seems they have like 6 enemies, just color em different and make them stronger. are you telling a small ass bat can kick my ass in the lusu mines simply because its red? what happened to cool looking monsters?

finally, really kinda disappointed at the lack of characterization. the only characters they really go into anything in this one is balthier and ashe, what have they done to make me care about vaan or penelo at all? this makes me miss cloud and tifa, or locke and celes.

dope game, but they def couldve improved it.

any thoughts?