Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectwhat an impressive game
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=80541&mesg_id=82139
82139, what an impressive game
Posted by bearfield, Thu Nov-09-06 09:10 PM
i'm blown away that square enix has managed to once again draw out every bit of power from the ps2 to put together such an outstanding package. everything is on point: graphics, sound, backgrounds, design. i can't wait to see what they can do with the ps3

i'm slowly getting used to the battle system. it's not as hands-on as i'd like it to be (i'm playing in 'active' mode) but it along with the gambit system are showing a lot of potential. boss fights are pretty challenging and it's a refreshing change of pace to have to really keep your wits about you and rely on your reflexes instead of being able to carefully plan every attack

i like the license board as well. it's a logical combination of ffx's sphere grid and ff tactics' job system. i really like the tactics-esqe character portraits in the menus. nice touch :)

i'm only about 4 hours in (just got thrown in the dungeon) but i'm totally hooked and i can't wait to get deeper into the game

topaz, you were right. also, i take back every negative thing i said about this game when the demo dropped. i should have known better than to doubt square enix, lol