Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectInitial Impressions after 2-3 hrs of play
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=80541&mesg_id=80955
80955, Initial Impressions after 2-3 hrs of play
Posted by Nate118, Tue Oct-31-06 03:57 AM
They adopted WAY too many of the features from XI (including the oh-so-fun camera). The towns/fields in XI were huge to house all those players. I'm the only one playing here, these areas are overwhelming to have at the beginning of the game. I feel like I spend more time checking a map than enjoying the environs.

Customization is all the hell bent out of wack. Who came up with this License Board idea? Think the Sphere Grid but for EVERYTHING and no paths (pick random things and they open more random things). Want to equip new armor? Hope you have the LP and the correct path to unlock it.

Also, in XI its cool to have the strong NMs for the high levelled chars passing through. That's not cool in here. When I'm aggroed by some random enemy and see my whole party wiped in one hit, that annoys me.

Other than that its a good game. Decent voice acting, great atmosphere. I like the plot (though the Aladdin protagonist is going to get old) and the concepts. It all feels very Vagrant Story from designs to style. The battle system is fun but I haven't gotten to see much depth yet (damned License Board! I unlock magic but need to go buy it back in the city to use it??). I think once I get used to the style of play it'll really grow on me. It's just a LOT of depth and customization up front to swallow at once.