Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectWith my Gift Cert. should I get a PS2 game or a DS?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=79892
79892, With my Gift Cert. should I get a PS2 game or a DS?
Posted by 13Rose, Sun Oct-22-06 05:28 PM
I'm saying I got 55 bucks on my gift certificate. I could match that with my next check and easily get a new DS lite and a game I think. Does it come with a game? What should be my first game? Help me out peoples.

Or I could get a PS2 game. I was looking at that Naruto joint. What say you?

P.S. to play a PS2 online game do I have to purchase a service or something? I already have a cable modem so ....what do I need to do?
79893, DS lite, the library of games on it is ASTOUNDING
Posted by LA2Philly, Sun Oct-22-06 05:40 PM
I mean I would prob just get it for Pheonix Wright and Trauma Center alone, not to mention the re-release of FFIV, Dawn of Souls(I and II), and now FFIII!!! You have the Castlevania pack, Portrait of Ruin is coming out, Advance Wars, Meteos, Mario Kart.....honestly, the games are so much fun and the system is imo the strongest one out right now(its esp good if you have a commute to work/school like I do, about an hour a day on the DS makes the bart trip go by FAST, shit sometimes I wish it was longer lol).
79895, yeah I'm gonna rock it on the train going to work.
Posted by 13Rose, Sun Oct-22-06 05:59 PM
1 hour each way. I really wanna see what's up with trauma center.
80246, Ah man, I forgot about Trauma Center.
Posted by hype_phb, Wed Oct-25-06 07:13 PM
That game is fucking AWESOME. But hard. But in a good way.

Didja know Toys R Us is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale right now? You can get Trauma Center off their website, along with another few games....
80079, I'm only a part tijme gamer... i bought the DS last week
Posted by Esco, Tue Oct-24-06 02:31 PM
I love it. PS2 is that piff... but i'd rather have a DS and a Wii and then get the PS3 some time later next year when I can afford it... The DS is a good buy. Glad I never got the psp.
80171, RE: I'm only a part tijme gamer... i bought the DS last week
Posted by J Fabuluz, Wed Oct-25-06 10:06 AM
Get a DS the PS2 is over
80204, Yeah I'm like you I guess.
Posted by 13Rose, Wed Oct-25-06 01:41 PM
I don't game anywhere near my old schedule as a "young youth" (c) Raekwon. It would be cool to have that DS lite though. I haven't owned a portable system since the first bulky gameboy.
80215, i'm right with you on that. haven't gamed much at all
Posted by Esco, Wed Oct-25-06 03:37 PM
i mean i played games til i got tired of them a couple years back... and the ds is the first 'system' i've owned since i sold my ps2. i'm happy with it... love being able to play gba games that i never played. final fantasy tactics advance for one.
80222, Get the DS. No question.
Posted by hype_phb, Wed Oct-25-06 04:29 PM
Doesn't come with a game, but here are a few suggestions:

Tetris: it's online.
New Super Mario Brothers: pure 2D platforming goodness.
Mario Kart: online, supposed to be the best in the series.
Clubhouse Games: just released collection of 40 or so board games, card games, etc....looks to be pretty good.

80232, ds lite is the sickest way to spend 130 bucks period
Posted by J_Stew, Wed Oct-25-06 05:17 PM
80256, If you get a DS....
Posted by 6FeetDeepInThought, Wed Oct-25-06 08:36 PM
....you will spend TONS of money in the coming months, I guarantee it
80404, So I copped that DS jawn.
Posted by 13Rose, Fri Oct-27-06 10:01 AM
I got the New Super Mario Bros. as my first game (it's only right). I think the next joint I'm gonna cop is the Bleach game. My game guy tells me it's the SHIT. Any other recomendations? Used game spots? Shit these are cartridges so I'm trying to be used game Harry...ya dig(c) CAPO.