Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectschool widout a personal computer...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=74697
74697, school widout a personal computer...
Posted by ProletariatX, Tue Sep-05-06 09:12 PM
Well I'm in the Caribbean, St Vincent exactly and Cuba is giving out like 150 scholarships a year fully paid and all that and I'm tempted to take one up. Then I find out i cant carry my own laptop or any personal computer for that matter and the island is heavily firewalled so i can say goodbye to the fruits of the Internet. Now I'm very discouraged I Love Cuba have no complaints they helping us in the Southern Caribbean a lot but no computer i will go insane.. is this a dumb reason not to take a free university education.
74707, phree school? tell fidel i said hi
Posted by exactopposite, Tue Sep-05-06 10:28 PM

"Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today." Malcolm X
74708, RE: phree school? tell fidel i said hi
Posted by PerForce1, Tue Sep-05-06 10:37 PM
i say its worth it. you can computer for the rest of your life, might be good to take a break and get free education in the process
74712, RE: phree school? tell fidel i said hi
Posted by ProletariatX, Tue Sep-05-06 10:52 PM
And they offing free Medicine program to us yow. Have some Americans there training as well. But yow Medicine is 7 years yow im like fuck i really like my technology autonomy. I wont be coming home that often either to get a fix it goes further to they got phone resrictions i have no other hobbies really im fucked!
74713, yeah that medice program started soem years ago
Posted by exactopposite, Tue Sep-05-06 11:01 PM
i remember hearing about that when they were first taking americans for the program.

"Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today." Malcolm X
74725, RE: yeah that medice program started soem years ago
Posted by ProletariatX, Wed Sep-06-06 01:16 AM
But they also have St. Georges University And the University of the West Indies. Those are good schools too and SGU is gaining maad poularity they both got scholarships but they are a bit more competitive and they are both alot closer to home and i will only have to do 5-6 yrs for an MD depending on GCE's if you got good Andvanced level GCE'S its five years for an MD. Also have more opportunity to train in other countries in SGU for maximum educational exposure.
74726, I'm torn yow
Posted by ProletariatX, Wed Sep-06-06 01:22 AM
cuz its been a hard road and i'm looking at a new set of exams that is keeping me yet another yr from starting school. I know from others that Cuba is no walk in the park its free but its difficult on your constitution esp for an outsider it will make or break cuz courses are Spanish and books too. we have engineering scholarships in Taiwan and Singapore but those are at least taught in English and books are English. I hear calculus being taught in Spanish is major.