Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectdoes he even mention the sidequests though?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=62345&mesg_id=62356
62356, does he even mention the sidequests though?
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Apr-25-06 10:48 PM
or is that what he considers 'padding'? If he does, thats utter bullshit. The Golden Saucer and the chocobo raising and all the other extras remain some of the best if not best in a RPG. There are some serious side things which he simply dismisses.

He further also blames FFVII for somehow bringing along the age of menu battles, ummm that started from FFI! The fuck is this cat talking about? That has been FF's forte since its inception, somehow he just blames it on FFVII. CT was that same kind of menu combat, with pre-maid double and triple moves thrown in.....yet thats 25 hours of awesome? Hell, id say the FFVII weapons were the most challenging bosses that I ever had to prepare for(maybe outside FFV), and they were fun as all hell.

And I call bullshit on somehow FFVII's soundtrack not being amazing, I think hes just downplaying another aspect in order to get more fodder for this article. Hell, I have the OST and its awesome.