Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectyou could get a US system for cheaper than that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=51164&mesg_id=154597
154597, you could get a US system for cheaper than that
Posted by will_5198, Sun Jun-22-08 11:58 PM
I've seen most of them on Ebay for $30-50 including shipping.

just need an Action Replay (plays Japanese games and works as a 4 meg RAM cart) -- I'd say goes around $30 on Ebay

some of the games are expensive, but plenty aren't...especially if we're talking imports.

(these are all import Ebay prices BTW...shipping gets a bitch too if you don't order in bulk, since they're mostly from Japan)

$3-5
- Sega Rally Championship (better than the US version b/c it shipped later and AM3 tweaked things)
- Fighting Vipers
- Virtua Fighter 2
- Virtua Cop
- Virtua Cop 2 (Stunner is about $10)
- Virtual On (kinda dated in comparison to OOT, but still fun to me)

$6-10
- Nights
- Fighters Megamix
- Panzer Dragoon Zweii
- Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2
- Vampire Savior: Darkstalkers 3
- Dead or Alive
- Last Bronx
- Marvel Super Heroes
- Daytona: Championship Circuit Edition
- Sonic Jam
- Enemy Zero
- Samurai Showdown III
- Samurai Showdown IV
- Manx TT
- Sega Touring Car Championship
- Shining Force III: Scenario 1 (yes, a RPG in Japanese...but since it's a strategy RPG you really need zero knowledge of kanji and there are plenty of walkthroughs online)
- Grandia (same as Shining Force...tons of internet help for parts you get stuck on and the PS translation was shit anyway)

$11-20
- Christmas Nights
- X-Men vs. Street Fighter
- Panzer Dragoon Azel (trust -- this game is just as good in a foreign language. I had no trouble beating it sans English and it runs about $150 cheaper than the US version)
- Policenauts (text adventure...still finished it w/some internet walkthroughs despite being in Japanese)
- Cyberbots
- Guardian Heroes (side scroller, so you won't need to understand much...about $50 cheaper than the US version)
- Sonic R
- House of the Dead
- Layer Section (2-D shooter)
- Pocket Fighter (Street Fighter with big heads)
- Marvel Super Heroes vs. X-Men

yeah it's not *dirt* cheap, but you can put together a solid little collection (minus system costs) for less than $100. most of the 3-D games are semi-unplayable (Burning Rangers is doing things not meant for a Saturn), but the 2-D stuff is still golden.

I have hardly splurged on a Sega Saturn game...I've spent way too much cumulatively, but the most I think I ever paid was for Street Fighter Zero 3.

fuck buying Radiant Silvergun for $200. that's rape.