Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectBest Buy Total Tech membership is worth it, in some cases
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306378&mesg_id=306378
306378, Best Buy Total Tech membership is worth it, in some cases
Posted by handle, Thu Sep-08-22 12:34 PM
So late last year my dishwasher broke and I needed a new one. BestBuy had the closest model in stock so I ordered it from them.

They offer delivery and installation for $199.

But the also have something called Total Tech that cost $199, and when you have Total Tech you get free installation and you get Total Tech benefits for a year .

AND with Total Tech they also give you up to a 24 month warranty for free (as long as your an active member of Total Tech.)

Great, so that was kind of breaking even and getting an extended warranty for free.

Then a friend needed a new washer and dryer. He found the ones he wanted at Best Buy and I looked at them. With Total Tech the prices were like $200 less than he was seeing without Total Tech. So I made an order for him that was like $400 cheaper than he had, free install, free removal or the old ones, and extended warranty. I just used his credit card for the order.

Then I bought a new iPad Mini. Turns out when you buy an Apple product and have total tech you get free Apple Care - for the mini that would have cost $3,49 a month or around $40 a year.

So if I get a new iPhone this year I'll buy from BestBuy - the free Apple Care will save me $120 a year - so it pays for over half the cost of Total Tech membership.

I'm saying: Total Tech might be good if you're planning on some big purchases.