Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectWhat type of specs are most important for a bright room?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306318&mesg_id=306365
306365, What type of specs are most important for a bright room?
Posted by soulfunk, Sat Aug-27-22 08:52 AM
I have a house under construction. That we close on in a couple weeks. We’re planning on doing a media room which will have a UST projector and screen, and that room will be painted dark with good light control. That room will be where the PS5 is kept, and where we’ll do actual movie watching.

But we also need a new TV for our family/great room. It’s a two story room with a double row of windows, so there will be a good amount of light in that room. We definitely aren’t doing blackout window treatments in that room - watching TV is a secondary purpose there. We plan on mounting a TV about the fireplace (which I know isn’t ideal, but that’s the only wall it would work in because of the windows on one wall and the rest being open concept.)

I want a 75 inch screen in that room just based on the size of the room. But what specs are important to deal with the lighting in the room? I’ve read that OLED reflects more light in a room than LED with a full array. This TV won’t be used for gaming or serious movie watching so refresh rate/VRR and some other top end specs shouldn’t be important. But I just want something that is built well, bright enough for the room it’s in, and with good viewing angles since this TV will be watched from all over a big room and also from the kitchen that it’s open to. Any recommendations?