Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI've got 4. Only really worried about 2 at the moment
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306318&mesg_id=306338
306338, I've got 4. Only really worried about 2 at the moment
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Jul-22-22 07:32 AM
The first is a 42" Panasonic from '04-'06. Can't remember the model number. This was back when 720p was the max you could get. Besides resolution and the fact it's chunky by today's standards, it's been rock solid and the picture quality still is great (my dad managed to cop one of the all conquering Pioneer plasma TVs and the Panasonic wasn't far off it). The other 3 are 50" Zenith plasmas. I'm less enthused by those, but they were all free (grandparents do weird things with their money for their grandchildren). The picture is better than LCDs of their era, but they aren't as sharp as my Panasonic and they are showing some image retention (not so for the Panasonic).

In my grand plan, I want to put one TV in the kitchen/dining space. Likely under 42", definitely LED, as the wall it's on will be directly opposite the windows. This will probably be mostly streaming, though it may get a Fios box at some point. Still, I could probably spin around and point at any smallish TV at Costco and be fine for what that is going to do.

The basement gets the big upgrade. That's where movies are watched and games are played, either PS4 (still haven't copped a PS5, but I will) or PC (though it's time for a rebuild there). OLED or bust, I've decided. The C1 is my first pic, as it seems to check all the boxes, has all the 2.1s, and the prices are going down. The G series is too expensive, and the B series feels like I'm missing out. C2 is a bit more than I want to pay, but if C1 stock dwindles and C2 prices slide come fall/winter season who knows. I'm not ready to pay the Sony tax, so an A80 is still far on sale, and the A95 is a pipe dream. And only 2 2.1s? I mean, I probably only need 2, but still, LG got 4, so...