Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI've been on a tv spree for the last 3-4 years
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306318&mesg_id=306319
306319, I've been on a tv spree for the last 3-4 years
Posted by Lach, Wed Jul-20-22 09:20 AM
I've always tried to get the most bang for the least buck lol. So in 2019 I bought the 65 inch Vizio M series ($600). Picture is great for tv and movie watching. Good HDR performance. Has no hdmi 2.1 features.

Then the new consoles drop in 2020 and I'm kinda like damn I can't do 4K 120 but I love this Vizio. So right after getting my new consoles I copped the 65 inch Vizio P series ($900) cuz it checked all the boxes on paper - VRR, 4K 120, Dolby Vision, etc. But dammit I should have listened to rtings.com and FOMO. The tv has a great picture but it's buggy as all get up. Sometimes it'll turn itself on. Sometimes eARC will stop working. And it has a flicker issue when using Series X. Just annoying.

So then I was reading up on the Hisense U7G model. Again, checked all the boxes but was also highly rated by rtings.com and everyone else. Copped the 65 inch for around $800. So far it has no issues, picture is great. HDR is great. All the gaming features work correctly. I like it a lot.

But now since both my kids are off to college, I'm getting froggy and want to finally go big time and get a 77 inch LG OLED. The prices on the C1 have been dropping dramatically and I just want to splurge. Since I've had so much time on my hands and I've been reading so many reviews, I have some FOMO when it comes to OLED gaming/movies lol. So that's probably going to be my next step this black friday season.