Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectTV buying?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306318&mesg_id=306318
306318, TV buying?
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Jul-19-22 02:23 PM
I've been up on CNET (I'm old), Rtings, and Youtube collecting information. I'm about to buy some TVs in my house. Upgrades, setting things right, all of that. I've been in my house for 4 years so its time. When we moved in, it was a lot of loose TVs, Prime Day-like cheap TVs, and keeping old TVs alive for one last run.

Shockingly, I have some TVs with 4k and HDR so its not like all of these TVs are gonna go in the trash once they get replaced. But I want to get some bigger TVs in a few spots. I'm going from 55 to 65 in one room, 55 to 60 in another.

I'm trying to decide how wild to get in my cave/video game-playing room. Right now, I have two 50s side by side so I can watch two different things at once (IE: wrestling and football, or football while I play a game). It works out really well, but I'm wonder if I should go another way with it and get a 75" in that room and then just pull up a laptop/tablet for the situations where I want to watch a second thing. I also thought about having a 75" and then a 40" off in the corner. Not sure, but whatever it is, I'm gonna try to make it fonky.

But yeah, is anyone else in the process of doing this type of stuff?