Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectmy only guess in the discrepancy is you have 10 higher faith?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306101&mesg_id=306190
306190, my only guess in the discrepancy is you have 10 higher faith?
Posted by HecticHavoc, Mon Apr-04-22 04:15 PM
>383 on PoD vs 360 on carian regal. carian regal scaling is a
>probably mostly accurate estimate based on what it will
>upgrade to at +10 (it's +9 now.) i can get PoD to 405 if i am
>feeling particularly masochistic and use marika's soreseal to
>put me in negative damage absorption (radagon's is permanently
>fused to talisman slot #1 by necessity). not sure where the
>discrepancy is between your scaling and mine
>
>i forget about the carian weapon art being so good. i have
>seen a lot of folks dual wielding staves in co-op. if you
>ever get to the point where PoD is better you can right hand
>PoD and left hand carian for the weapon art (two-handed) and
>moon sorcery bonus

but I have 9 higher INT than you, so I figured those would cancel out. Plus there are dozens of YouTube videos saying the PoD is the best staff scaling wise, so I definitely was perplexed sitting here wondering how the hell it wasn't higher. not too mad though. I still like to throw dark moons, and with that doing the 30% magic resistance reduction, plus with a frost build up, it mostly suits my style better to stick with Carian. Spinning Weapon sealed the deal. i wonder what the hosts think when I'm helping them clear Haligtree or Castle Sol and I'm sitting here spinning these super strong knights into the ground - its so much more efficient than throwing dark moons or comet - considering they take so long and the host and other sunbro has already sliced the enemy. I do miss my Carian slicer, but chose S.W. since I don't have to change spells to get it.

I used to dual wield staves, it took me a long time to retire gravity spells, but ill never dual wield staves considering the golden order seal will have my Erdtree heal and my Black Blade incant.

I changed spells and setups for what it seemed like every 15 minutes but this has been an awesome run. just not a fan of the sword life yet.