Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectyeah the moon is interesting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306101&mesg_id=306164
306164, yeah the moon is interesting
Posted by HecticHavoc, Sat Mar-19-22 11:50 AM
>i imagine giant bosses can't dodge it well. i bet it's great
>for community service. hit them with the moon for big burst
>damage then pepper them with high dps spells to take advantage
>of the magic resistance reduction
>
>of note, i cruised through the lake of rot even with my 10
>vigor thanks to a poison/rot removal incant and long range
>spells. died a few times on the bonus boss in the lake bc my
>dang spirit ashes would get knocked off the platform and
>couldn't get back up there to tank for me. it is truly a
>two-way one-shot street with this build, even with high damage
>reduction due to my high level. i am going back and cleaning
>up some mines and minor dungeons in altus plateau at lvl ~100
>and am legit doing 50% damage to some of the these bosses with
>one charged comet

I'm curious if the 'moon tracking' is reliant on INT level. Since I am 85 INT my moon goes *really* far, and tracks really well. I have been doing Community Service on Maliketh for a bit and when he does his batshit insane combo moves my moon hits him about 85% of the time which is pretty solid for how mobile he is.

the lake of rot, I had that incant and LOVED being able to heal myself of the rot, made going back to the lake of rot a second time to grab those high level smithing stones easier.

I am at the final boss, and pretty stuck. The moon is pretty awful for both Radagon and the Elden Beast. As you say, it is an absolute truckload of a co-op weapon but when you are by yourself or with the tiche (better than mimic) it isn't really effective. The moon got me to end game, but yeah the wind up is the glaring weakness of it. but when the moon fully connects I can tell it does bigger damage than dual katana wielding co-ops. I am thinking about incorporating carian slicer for the final boss. speaking of final boss I thought I bought all the healing incants but apparently I have zero incants that reduce holy damage and I don't have any talismans that reduce it either. Reading online, if you go into the final boss without any holy damage reduction its borderline suicidal (can confirm).