Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectidk the names. black flame sling, frenzy beam, some of the buffs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306101&mesg_id=306147
306147, idk the names. black flame sling, frenzy beam, some of the buffs
Posted by bearfield, Tue Mar-15-22 06:08 PM
black flame sling is flame sling but with dark fire. frenzy beam i found in a village between altus plateau and liurnia of the lakes. it's sick

i generally only put on buffs for boss fights. one is for boosting flame damage + physical attack. the other is AOE buff to damage and defense that i use for summons. of note, bestial sling absolutely got me through the first third of the game. it staggers and stuns extremely effectively (even bosses) and is super fast. i stalled out on the bestial incanations because they seem better suited for a rough-and-tumble faith/vig/str build and not my glass cannon build

>I had this revelation that I would love to have a FP Heal, so
>I can 100% allocate my flasks to FP, but it was so much damn
>Faith just for some super slow healing spells... so I went
>back to super high INT, Mind, and Vig, and slowly adding to
>endurance and dex.

heal incants aren't great, at least the ones i have found. fp heal seems good but with a build like this (i feel like we have very similar builds) but you can get away with 20/80 ratio for HP/FP flasks when dungeoning and exploring and switch it up to 40/60 for boss fights since you likely don't need 1000+ FP for a single boss fight. also there is an invicibility ashes of war for shields and a wondrous physick mixer that give you something like 99% damage reduction for one hit. easy enough to one shot enemies from afar while exploring and kite bosses so i don't find flask heals to be that useful, much less long animation healing spells

>Edit: By the way, did you go find the Ranni Dark Moon spell?
>Since we use the same staff, you should go use that. Its the
>best spell in the game for this staff. it absolutely
>obliterates people, one shots everything, even strong guys. I
>use Talismans for faster casting, so the weakness is really
>just time, but if you move a lot and create space its not that
>big of a deal.

haven't got this yet but i think i am close to where it is located. really want to use rennala's moon but it's too far away stat-wise at the moment. my understanding is that ranni's is better and has lower int requirement. looking forward to getting it and using it