Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subject80 hours in. level 91. Astrologer with Dex.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306101&mesg_id=306127
306127, 80 hours in. level 91. Astrologer with Dex.
Posted by HecticHavoc, Tue Mar-08-22 02:11 PM
At hour 25 I rode my horse to Caelid, got the meteorite staff and Rock Sling, and then decided to become the Grim Reaper of Limgrave with it. Cleared Weeping Peninsula, Stormveil Castle, the Academy, and from here I stopped progressing. Rennala was a huge wall for me as I just had a magic harpoon as my melee weapon and she was wildly immune to any magic damage. So I rocked Rogiers Rapier for a while. Then I found the Moonveil Katana and good LAWD this thing annihilates people. I kind of wanted to have a melee weapon independent from magic but this Katana is impossible not to love. I have never wielded my staff in my left hand but I am going to start playing around using my staff. I searched and found this type of Mist that emits a damage forcefield and that would be nice to equip when you plan on using the katana.

Anyway, I jokingly call it Community Service bc I spent the next 30 or so hours of my play through just being a co-op Summon to help fight Rennala. She was also really great melee practice for me, to get my dodge down.

Then, I beat Caelid, and needed help for Radhan (who doesn't?) - I did a lot of Community Service for Radhan, and actually won like 5 or so games (this boss is fucking insane).

There are a few more spells I really want, so I am going to start progressing some more. Yesterday it took me all day but I finished Ranni's quest line and got the Dark Moon Greatsword, which I most likely won't even use because the Katana is such a massive beast. We will see though, I am upgrading them both. As much as I told myself I was going to be a pure spell caster, melee is such a blast in this game, and very high stress being a Glass Cannon. I bought Rennala's full outfit after I beat her which was way too expensive, but I am thinking about adding some armor. I tried to get light load for a very long time but the Katana bumps me over the edge to medium load.

Anyway, safe to say this is the best game ever made. Hands down. whether I am doing Community Service or exploring, or progressing, there is never a dull moment. Alright, im off to kill a dragon.