Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectstill quite confused on everything about 6 hours in
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306101&mesg_id=306104
306104, still quite confused on everything about 6 hours in
Posted by HecticHavoc, Sun Feb-27-22 04:20 PM
I spent the first 3 hours aimlessly wandering and not progressing. today decided to get serious. I chose an Astrologer build and liking the staff a lot. A lot of is just throw the blue magic and run away from any swords. It has worked pretty decently so far. I didn't go inside the castle yet, seems like a pretty tough defense approaching from the main way, I found a path all around the castle wall and found a Grace that proceeds away from the castle. I don't want to go any further because I don't even know what's going on still. I found the wolf and jellyfish ashes but not sure those will work for me, they use a ton of magic points and I don't have a lot left over to fight. it seems like its meant for sword-wielding fighters. I want to figure out how to get inside the castle.

Its super fun. I chose Astrologer bc I want to be strictly magic, but you really have to get the sword out from time to time. I kept the robes on so I'm a good one or two hit and death so I may put back on the chain mail I bought earlier. like Skyrim, it seems like it pays to be a sword wielding soldier but I'm going to keep trying the Astrologer path.

I don't even know what faith does yet. If you do a faith based build, what do you attack with? I really need more cups than 2 refills if I want to start fighting any bosses at all. the sporadic mini-bosses that are out in the open drain both of my cups entirely right before I kill them.

Graphics, the world... truly remarkable. When you skim around the castle and find the next Grace the view is insane. I guess the only way into the castle is from approaching the heavily guarded door entrance that have fire projectiles coming in hot. getting a tad better with my defense, bought a iron shield and use that with my Astrologer robes and seems to do a good job of protecting me against huge sword foes and keeps me light to dodge quickly.

never played a Fromsoft game prior to this except Sekiro but I got that platinum and am a monster at that game, trying to get there with this.