Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectOh, the side quests are great. Just a crapton of them
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=306031&mesg_id=306279
306279, Oh, the side quests are great. Just a crapton of them
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Jun-10-22 10:04 AM
I think they made a concerted effort to make the side quests meaningful to the lore and story, and varied enough not to feel like a rote part to extend the gameplay. You could see a distinction between all the Tenakth tribes, and the storyline and missions in Vegas with the Oseram crew was fantastic.

There's just so damn many side quests to do, and while they are better and more meaningful than in HZD, that doesn't mean you'll want to do all of them. The way the weapons are upgraded you will still be left at a point where you have to fight certain machines multiple times to upgrade any weapon or armor you have, and that's all you will be doing for HOURS. Can you mix up your battle strategy every time you fight for the Fireclaw sac webbing? Sure. Is it fun though? Depends on what kind of gamer you are. For me, it absolutely is not.

I love getting to the final boss as leveled up as possible with the biggest stick I can find. But no matter what your weapon of choice is or what your play style is (run through the main story or do everything in each section before you move on), it takes too much time fighting too specific enemies to get to that level. I'm all for big machine fights, but at some point, doing the mountain range fight with the Tusk/Spine/Dread/Storm got extremely repetitive. And we're not even going to talk about the Claw brothers. I can mix and match weapons and valor surges all day, but it's still the same thing at some point. I'm not the kind of gamer that wants to fight the biggest enemy with the smallest weapon. If that's you, this game is perfect.