Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectShows how removed I've been from Apple since I stopped
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305852&mesg_id=305878
305878, Shows how removed I've been from Apple since I stopped
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Tue Oct-26-21 10:08 AM
using a hackintosh, and I've been using Google's phones since the first Pixel came out. I've been in the market for a laptop for a while, but I've been holding out for years because there's always been something I've felt was missing from the ones on the market. I've considered the various Thinkpad X1 Carbons, but they used to have really poor screens. It also took a while before they started using quad core CPUs, and all the MacBooks had those terrible butterfly keyboards that I would never use. The current MacBook airs are probably the best value on the market right now, but they're due for a refresh, and if they are going to get similar upgrades (e.g., added ports, thinner bezels) with the M2, then it'll be an easy decision for me once they're out. I haven't completely ruled on this M1 Pros, however, because the extra screen size is a nice plus, and they're still a very good value for what you're paying for, and it's just a matter of the user having enough of a usage case to justify buying one.