Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: 10 Videogames That Changed Your Life
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305679&mesg_id=305688
305688, RE: 10 Videogames That Changed Your Life
Posted by Sleepy, Thu Jul-01-21 10:41 PM
I don't think I can put this in any type of order, but we can try.

• Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal

One of the games where I realized that I was growing as the characters did.

• Monster Hunter Tri

Where I realized that I prefer co-op play as opposed to versus play (with the exception of fighting games)

• Resident Evil

The first game to give me nightmares

• Eternal Darkness

I am very much freaked out by this game. The sanity meter is the most ingenious idea I had seen. To this day this game messes with my head. I won't play it at night, ever.

• Goldeneye 007

Here is where I first understood the love of FPS. I lost interest as these games got more technical.

• Mechwarrior 2

My first real PC game. I really dug this game.

• The Carmen Sandiego Series

This is how I know that Santiago is the Capital of Chile. After taking a flight from Kathmandu, of course.

• Street Fighter 2 -> Street Fighter Alpha -> Capcom VS series

So, here is my lineage of fighting games. It starts with the granddaddy OG, then to the pinnacle of the games.

• Dance Dance Revolution

I think this was the first time I saw video games as a performance art. The way people would create routines to some of these dance charts was great. And, it's a great workout.

• NHL '94

This game taught me the game of hockey.

HM: Lunar: Silver Star Story, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mega Man 3, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles