Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectIt's only been a day but so far so good with the upgrade
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305668&mesg_id=305843
305843, It's only been a day but so far so good with the upgrade
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sat Oct-09-21 11:59 PM
I said earlier that I wasn't hyped about installing the new OS. But last night, I had some downtime and decided to update my desktop.

The process was straightforward. It only took about 40 minutes total, including downloading the OS.

Windows 11 seems a bit faster than Windows 10. I don't know if the difference is real or if the subtle animations used to load the windows, but apps seem to load quicker than in Windows 10.

The center alignment of the Start menu isn't intrusive. Yes, I did move my cursor to the lower left of the screen a few times. But for the most part, the transition to this new arrangement hasn't caused any significant issues.

Some of the Universal Microsoft apps weren't upgraded. Some reports made mention of reskinned apps like Calculator and Your Phone. Those apps appear the same as in Windows 10. Maybe the upgrades will happen sooner.

The new Ribbon is gonna take a bit to get used to. The Windows 10 Ribbon was more visually appealing, but the new Ribbon's UI is more streamlined and simple than the old version.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the upgrade. But it also isn't as much of a leap forward as Windows 8 was to Windows 10. It's worth getting but if you don't feel pressed to upgrade, take your time.

Has anyone here upgraded?