Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: this card is amazing. this build isn't great
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305598&mesg_id=305784
305784, RE: this card is amazing. this build isn't great
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Tue Sep-07-21 09:16 AM
The parts from NZXT BLD look pretty good and are probably close what I'd buy myself if building, although the prices are a little high as you'd expect, but I guess there's really no way around it if you can't get a 3080 through other means. Sucks to hear that their work isn't that great, however. I'm very particular about doing clean installations myself on any new hard drive. I don't even like cloning from my own drives and will always do a clean install, but that's just me.

The 3080 is really nice. I was getting 120+ fps at 1440p before on the 1080 ti at the same settings, so the performance increase wasn't immediately noticeable. Or at least that was the case until I tried streaming, and that's when I really noticed the difference. The 1080 ti would perform great just gaming, but streaming at the same time was when I would notice the performance hit, and that's not the case at all with the 3080. I sold a Rift S and bought a Quest 2, and I need more time to see how the 3080 performs for VR stuff.