Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI'm sure the bigger metro areas are a lot worse, although it's interesting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305598&mesg_id=305774
305774, I'm sure the bigger metro areas are a lot worse, although it's interesting
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Sun Aug-29-21 10:21 PM
that most of these Best Buy drops occur in smaller cities/towns. The earliest person for this store came at 10:30am, and there were only 17 other people that arrived between him and my arrival at 6-7pm. After that more people started to trickle in, mostly likely after class or work, and then the rate slowed after 10pm. Then there were people that came a couple of hours before opening hoping to get lucky. I don't really know how those people fared, because I had already bought my card and headed home before they got into the store.

There were shared tracking sheets online with line size and possible card count info that people could check. Some people had driven a few hours from Chicago to my store because the line count was relatively small when they checked. I can't speak for other stores, but our counts were accurate, although my store had fewer people to track.

For the drop that occurred the month before, the town was quieter because most students had not come back yet. I actually came to the store a couple of hours after they closed, and they still had 3090s left, so I bought one just because it was available. I never had any intention of using it, so it's still sealed and ready to be resold.