Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectPodcast equip
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305567
305567, Podcast equip
Posted by final_prospect82, Fri Mar-26-21 09:23 PM
Wondering if anyone can help: I'm looking for moderately price podcast equip (mics, recording equip etc) as well as software.

I'm not looking for anything too of the line since it's just a hobby but I don't want anything cheap.

Any recommendations?
305568, I still fuckin love that line
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Mar-30-21 06:01 PM
I have a blue yeti mic, it's fine?

adding a pop filter makes a real difference, and if you're doing video, a ring light also.

idk what software people are digging now, although I've seen folks who use anchor or zencaster come out with good results

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
305620, My recommendations..
Posted by Kira, Fri May-07-21 02:12 AM
Elegato Wave 3 to start because it includes wave link, great software that allows you to manage individual audio sources simultaneously but it's expensive so consider the Rode podmic for $100.

Buy the ath m40x headphones, buy either the rode podmic or the Wave 3, and use streamlabs or obs studios. Maybe consider a go xlr later. Garageband or Logic Pro X work on mac but Podcasted works om Windows. Hosting your podcast is a whole other issue....

Rode podmic review:

https://youtu.be/VTl8dTmGeWo

Streamlabs vs OBS Studio:

https://youtu.be/_F6t3AGZESg
305633, What I'm attempting to use
Posted by Tw3nty, Sat May-22-21 10:39 PM
Blue Yeti X and Blue Snowball.
I have other mics but its more simple to use USB for the space I'm planning to record in.
Macbook Pro 2019 16 inch.
I might bounce between that and an iMac.
Using Logic Pro X to record.
Pretty sure garage band is viable too.
305659, I had only been looking at the Yeti
Posted by L_O_Quent, Tue Jun-15-21 09:33 AM
but thanks to your recommendation I may just cop the Snowball. Thanks.
305675, Somehow logitech has management software for the Blue mics
Posted by Tw3nty, Mon Jun-28-21 03:22 PM
It has some good presets in there.
305661, Garageband is DFEINITELY viable.
Posted by Invisiblist, Fri Jun-18-21 08:26 PM
305662, Trust me when I tell you
Posted by Invisiblist, Fri Jun-18-21 08:29 PM
The tech should come LAST.

Use what you have starting out, then if you get 3-5 episodes recorded and edited and you still want to keep going, buy stuff.

I've met too many people who buy stuff and then don't stick it out because they don't want to do the work, or they just don't have enough interesting stuff to say, or they're not actually interested enough in anything to keep the ideas fresh, etc.

For real, have the guests record into their voice memo app using their earbuds, transfer those files into the computer and then Audacity and then sync them up, and then learn the basic editing decisions and techniques.

If you do that 3-5 times and you still wanna buy stuff, buy stuff.
305663, Great idea
Posted by L_O_Quent, Mon Jun-21-21 05:27 PM
I'm doing mine for a specific project and have to present it as professional as possible but I may try this just to get a flow of things before investing.