Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectit's a very engaging game and the matches can be quick
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305505&mesg_id=305726
305726, it's a very engaging game and the matches can be quick
Posted by bearfield, Fri Jul-23-21 02:24 PM
that's an intoxicating combo. since both players can usually cancel any action offensively (red and purple roman cancel) or cancel the opponent's offensive action (yellow roman cancel and burst) nothing is "set" (like SFV v-trigger activation or SFIV FADC timings) or taken for granted so you have to be on your toes all the time

and this game is still incredibly technical. they upped the damage and nerfed gatling combos but all the just frame stuff and high level decision making is still in there. wakeup reversal timing is very strict. character weight is still present (combos that work on a heavy character won't work on a light character.) combo timing can get down to 1-2 frames. it is a hard game sometimes

>This game looks amazing. I've bought it but I haven't jumped
>into it yet. Just from watching some videooooooos, I expect to
>be enamored and locked in if I can just get my feet on the
>ground/figure out who I want to play with. I can see veering
>towards some zone person if not a big character who can do
>DAMAGE on punishes, but I don't know if the game is simple
>enough for my old SF4 Gouken tricks to work! Haha.

sounds like nago is your man. GIANT buttons, huge damage, and a lot of risky rushdown. early returns on him from the beta were not promising but folks have started to unlock him and he is a real problem in the hands of a capable player