Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI can't stop playing Genesis Alpha One.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305025&mesg_id=306468
306468, I can't stop playing Genesis Alpha One.
Posted by upUPNorth, Tue Jan-31-23 04:27 PM
I don't even know if this counts as an endorsement. I got it fairly cheap on a Winter sale I think (I'm very much a sale guy on the game stores lately for cheap stuff, it's easier to say okay to the charge on my card lol).

The graphics are definitely a gen old, some things look better then others. I'm not sure it does anything very well but it's combined a bunch of stuff in a solid enough way. It all kind of wants to make you play another kind of game sometimes (No Man's Sky or Elite Dangerous) but it's less daunting while still feeling like a galaxy to explore. I'm actually surprised it hasn't felt like it's gotten old yet.

The shooting's fine, there's a variety of enemies. It's not too convoluted in terms of crafting and resources and you can choose pretty easily which things you want to focus on and what to let the ai do. Some alien infestations can be persistent but that's the point. I dunno, somehow it just works, but it would have to be the kind of game you know you'd be into, or else it could be disappointing.