Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI'd keep up with it. it's not relaxing at all
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305025&mesg_id=305753
305753, I'd keep up with it. it's not relaxing at all
Posted by will_5198, Thu Aug-19-21 07:45 PM
until you build your skill level up to deal with all these enemies precisely. you get mentally fatigued after those big arena fight mid-level.

what I had to learn from Doom (2016):

- Flame belch like a mutha. map that to an easy to reach button/key because you need to be constantly refilling armor to survive.

- for most regular battles, I used the combat shotgun with the grenade launcher. max that sucker out so you can keep moving while dishing out damage to everybody.

- plasma gun is fairly useless in the original game (they make you use it in the DLC). yeah, certain enemies have shields but you can stagger them with a well placed grenade from your shotgun.

- I liked the bullet-time rune, so when you jump you can switch to your sniper scope and hit weak points on heavy demons. when you get good you can quick-scope them, but this helps a lot when starting.

- chainsaw, chainsaw, chainsaw. don't waste them on heavy demons in the regular campaign, you get plenty of ammo from the demon fodder, but don't sit on them either -- you need ammo all the time.

- ice grenade then blood punch does major damage. best way to break the sled of the Doom Hunters. rocket launcher (lock-on) to finish them off.

- ballista and super shotgun on other heavy demons. simplest way to kill Marauders. the super shotgun is extremely useful once you get the upgrade that gives you armor after a chain-shot.

- a lot of the game is just finding out what combination of weapons takes out each enemy the best. quick-switching weapons is a NECESSITY on even Ultra Violence, I had to change my whole layout on my keyboard mouse so I could instantly switch through weapons, flame belch and change grenade types.

but man. once you get all this shit down? fuuuuck this game is fun. you are the Doom Slayer.