Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectPlayed over the last few months:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305025&mesg_id=305440
305440, Played over the last few months:
Posted by Backbone, Mon Dec-28-20 07:11 AM
Cyberpunk 2077: lots of good stuff there, but scratch the surface and you find something that should've been in development quite a bit longer. Beautiful world and cinematic approach, but many of the actual gameplay systems feel half-assed/unfinished. Needs a lot of love before it can become something like Skyrim, which I still return to every now and then.

Monster Train: appeared on Game Pass so I gave it a shot since Slay the Spire is one of my favorites. It's holding up pretty good so far, but I think StS is still the king of balance and replayability. Very nice dopamine dispenser though, definitely going to be a time sink for the coming days/weeks.

Horizon Zero Dawn: some of the most fun & engaging fights I've had in a while, with a story that kept me interested in between. The human npc AI could use some work and the skill tree doesn't really invite experimentation, but very solid game overall.

The Outer Worlds: big letdown. Gameplay is thin as hell and the story/RPG elements aren't strong enough to overcome the utter pointlessness of every other choice you make. Weapons, attributes, perks and crafting feel like they don't matter for progression at all. Anti-corporation schtick wears thin pretty damn fast.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Can be fun with a co-op buddy, but it's a bit repetitive and some of the boss battles are terribly designed. Like "do you hate me playing your game?" terrible.

Red Dead Redemption 2: first time I've ever been emotional over a video game story. Also one of the most beautiful game worlds I've experienced.