Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectEnter the Gungeon!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=305025&mesg_id=305119
305119, Enter the Gungeon!
Posted by jimaveli, Thu May-14-20 11:50 AM
I’m playing almost every day. It’s a game that really opens up once you get good enough to stop dying all the time. There’s mountains of goodies to unlock and all sorts of jackass tasks to complete. Every time you think you’re about done, there’s something else to unlock or handle. And again, the unlocks are VERY rewarding lots of the time.

No spoilers but Gunslinger is an amazing gift. He is hard to unlock but he basically creates a whole additional piece of the game. Some guns that sucked are now awesome because of his synergy passive. And his starting weapon is a party.

And holy moly some of the guns you get later on turns the game into a massacre of you just walking around causing destruction. It’s good times. Gunther for instance. Gungine is another. Black Hole Gun = you basically get to cheese the rest of the way as long as you have ammo or the bandana.

And rainbow runs! Gotta love those rainbow runs. You get less stuff but it’s usually better stuff so it’s a good trade off to me! I’ve been able to put together some really fun combos of items where I’m blowing up bosses in 10 or so seconds and knocking out tough rooms in less time than that. Blank bullets, gold ammolet, snowballets, get outta here, Dragun! Keep your bullet hell shenanigans to yourself!

And you haven’t played the game until you unlock Clone. You just haven’t.

>Stuck at the crib and trying to figure out what all this
>extra time will be spent on why not list what you've gotta
>finish of the games you already have let us know when good
>games are on sale?
>
>I just picked up Enter The Gungeon (yeah I know Exit came out
>but I need to finish the first) for super cheap on the Switch
>even though I have it on my Xbox. Just got NBA 2K20 on Game
>Pass so I've been playing that lately but am going to go
>through my list of games I need to finished (am stuck on
>Hollow Knight still) soon.
>