Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectLoved my Sony, but couldn't buy another one
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=304666&mesg_id=304678
304678, Loved my Sony, but couldn't buy another one
Posted by spenzalii, Mon Aug-12-19 10:37 PM
Absolutely loved my Z3. Paid it off. Would still have it if the battery didn't crap out. That and if it didn't get stolen out of my car, but...

I couldn't justify buying another Sony for a few reasons. First, no US carrier sales, so buying aftermarket and getting my own insurance would be the only way to go. Assuming I did that, there's really no compelling reason to go through the hassle. XZ1 was the last of the headphone jacks. XZ2 and XZ3 are fine, but a generation (or 2) behind on processor and no headphone jack. Their new One line has the weird 21:9 display which gives you a taller phone than I'd like. Besides having a dedicated camera button there's nothing they do that's that much better than any other phone, but they come with compromises I don't want (RAM, internal memory, no headphone jack) at a price higher than most other phones.

As anti-Samsung as I have been for years (but pro-Android, I'll say), I ended up with the 10e and have been happy so far. No serious compromises, specs work well, 128GB internal memory stock, SD card slot, and OneUI doesn't suck.