Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectSmartphones
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=304666&mesg_id=304666
304666, Smartphones
Posted by mista k5, Thu Aug-08-19 12:52 PM
have you guys heard of these things??? jk

where do you guys stand on some of the (relatively) new changes we are seeing?

no headphone jack?
no expandable storage?
notch/cutout/popup selfie cameras?
folding phones??

how often are you replacing your phone?
are you loyal to a brand or os?
how much are you willing to spend on a new phone?

i finally paid off my s8. id be lying if i said im not itching to get a new one. im going to try to hold off as much as possible. i probably just need to get rid of garbage i have on it to free up space. maybe a reset. theres not really a lot of new stuff that makes me want a new phone. i dont think im ready to lose the headphone jack. i have some headphones i use at home that are not wireless and i usually charge my phone while using them.

im a bit concerned with how much storage i need. i have 64gb internal plus 256gb sd card (actual 193, so i think the size is 256). the internal constantly has less than 1gb free. ill clean it up and free up like 4gb then two weeks later its back down to 1. if i could keep 4gb free constantly i think the phone would perform pretty good. as it is i would be worried about getting a phone with less than 512 gb if it didnt have expandable storage. maybe 128gb internal if it had expandable. i remember when 20gb hard drives seemed excessive.

in my mind i would hope i would spend $600 max on a new phone but i know i do like to lean towards the no compromise options so id probably be closer or over $1000. im going to try to wait until next may, no idea which phone i would get. the biggest improvement i can see wanting is a better camera but its not really critical.