Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectOne of my fav videogame experiences in a minute
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303786&mesg_id=303855
303855, One of my fav videogame experiences in a minute
Posted by BigReg, Thu Sep-06-18 02:14 PM
I figured it was gonna be a 2D Soul’s game….punishingly hard until you ‘git gud’, but I was surprised at how breazy it was. When I get a bad ‘roll’ as far as gear is concerned I just make it work. And since death is never random or cheap I don’t get the same controller destroying urge. I also appreciate the controls; many of the 16 bit homages feel weird/floaty, this is perfect.

For instance In a session I was maybe 60% through the game, had godly weapon combinations and was pretty sure the run was good enough to get a crack at the last boss. Cleared everything out and decided to double back and knowingly hit a cursed chest i skilled on the way out...50% sure the next level was a boss level. So when the gate closed and the boss music came on, all I could do was laugh and try to avoid the inevitable one hit as long as I could, lol.

I get PI’s point above on the lack of story but in contrast to other games that try hard and fail miserably (Vanilla Destiny 2, im talking to you) ill take the in-jokes and breezy vibe to everything. It’s a nice little palate cleanser after playing something more ‘hardcore’.