Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectwhen you're writing code you've written in the past multiX and it won't...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303475
303475, when you're writing code you've written in the past multiX and it won't...
Posted by PG, Mon Apr-09-18 05:17 PM
... work ... man simple simple stuff I swear I've coded maybe close to a few dozen times if not 100... 'cept it doesn't work now.. yeah I know it's something stupid or environmental... but at the moment I can't see it... all I get is this server actively refused connection exception. ..

it feels like I've forgotten how to ride a bike or something.. or when you used to be able to do 100 pushups but you haven't in a while and you try and barely make it through 10...

I'm being too hard no myself but man forget this bs I'm better than this.
303477, it's amazing how performance can change with the *slightest* of changes
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Mon Apr-09-18 08:41 PM
I do a lot of front end web development and it's always frustrated / shocked me how much different environments (browsers or versions of languages, jQuery for example) interpret the same code.

But referencing your post, it seems like the code's structure was changed(?).

Even if it seems that there isn't a change in the scope of variables or the flow of the app / software, it'll find a way to stop working.

I can't wait for the computers to become sentient and fix themselves. I'll be out of a job but then again my blood pressure will probably return to normal. ha!
303479, truth
Posted by PG, Wed Apr-11-18 01:31 PM
it really seems like an object model issue between xp and win 7... it's weird though because what I'm seeing is not gelling with what I see on all the forums...

at least I feel like I'm not entirely crazy.
303483, worth noting it wasn't me
Posted by PG, Fri Apr-13-18 12:29 PM
IP not permitted to use the server.. got that dealt with and things that should work work.
303486, At work we use IE 11, soon "upgrading" to EDGE
Posted by Tw3nty, Tue Apr-17-18 04:43 PM
pray for me.