Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subject Far Cry 5
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303446&mesg_id=303446
303446, Far Cry 5
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Mon Apr-02-18 10:18 AM
Yo.

And I'm a semi-Far Cry convert. The first two never piqued my interest, but I got on board with 3. Loved 4, and even before I've finished it, I'm thinking of replaying 5.

Great graphics, beautiful landscape, great writing and particularly stellar voice acting. Did they break a bunch of new ground in gameplay mechanics? Not really. Just enough twist to freshen up a bit.

Haven't played co-op yet, but I like the companion system. They've adjusted the crafting system since you're not really in a remote location. The perk system is actually useful. I'm having a ball.

They really doubled down on outposts this time. I have a rack of them to complete. Love getting the prepper stashes. Good ole problems solving with proper rewards. Even the arcade mode has promise, but I've only played a couple of maps.

One complaint: the guns could be better. I mean, they have a kick ass collection of guns, but some are locked or more expensive just for a simple skin. Like the AR rifle you have in the beginning of the game is about as powerful of an assault rifle in whole game once you compare the stats. So you'll spend thousands of dollars on an AK just to have an AK essentially. Same with some of the pistols and shotguns. I'm maybe 40% of the way through the game, and I just tricked out my first rifle with an extended mag, scope and supressor. For armored enemies I switch to a different weapon altogether.

But damn. Tooling around fictional Montana is a certified hoot. And there are the usual trippy, psychedelic aspects of the game that have been present over the last two installments.

Really good game and effort from the folks at Ubisoft.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.